21st Century Coffering
The Port Ceiling System is a drop ceiling product series designed in partnership with MNML that transforms interiors through both cutting edge aesthetics and acoustical performance. Made to magnetically snap to the underside of a tee grid, Port can be attached directly under preexisting tiles while also obscuring the tee grid itself; this is where collaboration yields brilliance.
- Edge Options: Exposed Felt
- Component: Rare earth magenets. 15/16″ tee grid. 9/16″ tee grid.
- Durability: Contract
- Maintenance: Vacuum occasionally to remove any particulate matter and airborne debris or dust. Compressed air can be used to dust the material in difficult to reach areas or for large assemblies.
- Lead Time: Shipped in 6 – 8 weeks.
- Environmental: 5mm PET felt board is made with recycled polyester plastic, the majority of which comes from recycled water bottles. TURF is pursuing product transparency for LEED V4 MR Credit 4 Option 1, and MR Credit 3 Option 2 for recycled content. TURF is pursuing a Declare Label for this product.
- Variation: PET Felt uses a traditional ‘felting’ process to create it’s panels. This often results in a pleasing heathered effect, where multiple tones are present in the fiber. Slight and consistent variations in color should be expected when using this sustainable material.